Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Day 269: Merry Christmas From Balls of All Sizes!

Tonight's ball of choice is a Christmas ball of course. I had all sorts of ideas about writing something heartfelt and intelligent about today and the joys of spending time with my family. Or writing about what a delight it is to watch a two and a half year old open presents, one by one, while giving each her undivided attention for a short time before moving on to the next. Or seeing the excitement on her face when she opened her gift from Auntie Stac to find the big, stuffed, red dragon she had coveted only weeks before.

But alas... I am too exhausted to form coherent thoughts. Chasing that same two and a half year old around the house with that same giant dragon does that to an old gal. It was totally worth it. It was worth it if only to hear the giggles and squeals and screeches as she bolted from room to room trying to escape the gaping mouth of that fire breathing beast. It was worth it if only to hear her say, "Come get me!" and then sprint away to hide under the Christmas tree.

So here's to hoping everyone had a fantastic day filled with as much love, laughter and loot as mine was! Now I plan to gorge myself on more cookies and egg nog before I doze off on the couch and drool on myself.

Merry Christmas to all... and to all a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment