Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Day 220: More Talk Shows...Gomes Says, "Everyone in Boston Deserves a Ring!"

If there's one talk show host I just can't stomach, it's Conan O'Brien. I'm not sure what it is about that guy, but he just makes me want to throw things at the television. But when I heard Jonny Gomes and Shane Victorino visited Conan, I knew I had to bite the bullet and watch. Conan was annoying as usual... but it was Gomes that stole the show.

Once again, Jonny was sporting his brand new World Series LL Bean boots and he even took one off so the camera could get a better view. Seriously, these boots are one of my most favorite thing that came from this World Series win... and I just love that Jonny can't seem to stop wearing his.

They talked about the usual: beard tugging, team chemistry, Boston Strong, parades and duck boats. They talked about how special the season was to them after the Boston Marathon tragedy... and what it meant to put the World Series trophy at the finish line. They talked about what it was like to play for the city in a time when people were looking for something positive after a brutal act of terrorism.

Even if you can't stand Conan, this interview is totally worth the pain. Gomes is very entertaining and such a natural in front of the camera. Victorino is a little awkward, but so genuine and maybe just a little nervous to be on a talk show. But in the end, they come across like a couple of regular guys... a couple of regular guys that just won the World freaking Series!!

 

Be sure to click on the link at the end of the video to see parts two and three... I promise it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment