Saturday, November 30, 2013

Day 244: Here's a Movie I Can't Wait to See!

Last Monday, the Boston Red Sox were in the spotlight yet again. Less than a month removed from their stunning World Series Championship win, the Sox were given the red-carpet treatment at the Wang Theater in Boston for the premiere of 2013 World Series movie. This film "brings Boston's latest baseball championship to life with thrilling images and poignant sound that captured the drama of a special season."

I know there wasn't much I missed throughout the postseason, but having the World Series win documented always makes me happy. I have a box set of DVDs from 2004 that covers both the ALCS and the World Series and I'm not going to lie, it's kinda fun to go back to watch that fateful game on October 17, 2004 that catapulted the Sox into postseason history. Not so much for the Yankees fan in the household, but lots of fun for me.

Maybe it's the specialness of this 2013 season that makes me need to have it chronicled—the memorable season put forth by a bunch of underdogs who where just trying to rebuild a team. Maybe it's because Boston suffered such a tragic attack early in the season and this win was for the city. Or maybe it's because the World Series was won at Fenway for the first time since 1918. Whatever the reason, this Championship will hold a special place in my heart.

The 2013 World Series movie, narrated by Ben Affleck, chronicles the season starting early in spring training and follows the team throughout the season in into the playoffs. We get to see interactions between players, what they went through after the Boston Marathon bombing, walk-off highlights and an in-depth look at the postseason. And best of all we get to see a group of players who enjoy each other on the field and off.

Looking for a Christmas gift idea for me? I think I might have an idea...

No comments:

Post a Comment