Friday, November 15, 2013

Day 229: Bill Maher Disses World Series Parade. Oh No He Di'int!

I don't really know much about Bill Maher other than he's supposedly a stand-up comedian, a television host and a political commentator. I'm not familiar with his show or his views. However, I am sure of one thing: Bill Maher is a giant asshole.

Yes, I realize that Maher is famous for making off-color and politically incorrect comments that often times get people really pissed at him. But his recent comments regarding the Boston Red Sox World Series parade have solidified his role as leader of all douchebags world-wide. These comments have enraged the Boston community and beyond.

In case you didn't hear what he said, here it is:
"Congratulations, Red Sox. OK, so, the parade, you know, they go to the place where the marathon bombings took place and they put the World Series statue there and sing 'God Bless America' and sing 'Boston Strong.' It seems to me that the reaction to this horrific crime -- you know it was, again, a bad day. Three people died, that's terrible. More were maimed, that's horrible. But unfortunately that happens every day in a car accident and everything else. I mean, your city was not leveled by Godzilla."
Even his guest, Anthony Weiner, was appalled, commenting "What is wrong with you?" If you say something bad enough to offend Weiner, it must be pretty damn bad. But I guess when you're a colossal asshat, you don't give a shit who you offend. I'd like to see him leveled by Godzilla.

And seriously dickhead, if you don't know it's called a World Series trophy and not a statue, then you have no right to even talk about the Red Sox or their celebratory parade. Also, there's a huge difference between an accident and a vicious terrorist attack. Or maybe Maher is of the camp that thinks it was all a hoax... Regardless, I'd like to see him repeat this sentiment in the presence of the families that lost loved ones, and the individuals that lost limbs, and all those injured by that horrible attack. I'm pretty sure that group will be scarier than Godzilla.

So because I can never get enough of watching that touching finish line display of Boston Strong... here it is again. Something to get the bad taste of King Douchebag's repulsive remarks out of my mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment