Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Day 38: Guess Who's Arm Needs Another Surgery?

If you answered Patriots' tight end, Rob Gronkowski, you get a gold star. Unfortunately, gold stars don't guarantee Super Bowls wins. I don't know about you, but just the mere thought of Gronk going under the knife, yet again, makes me very anxious. This is not a good development considering the recent changes to the Patriots' offense. *cough* Wes Welker *cough* This team can't afford to be thin behind Tom Brady.

Word on the street is Gronk's doctors have determined they need to go back into his arm to make sure there is no infection surrounding the plate. Best case scenario: they find no infection and we look forward to a healed Gronk for the upcoming season. I don't even want to think about the worst case scenario. If the doctors do find there's an infection, the recovery time will be waaaay longer and there could possibly be even a fifth surgery. And then who the hell knows when he'll be back on the field.

At least this time around there was no dumb ass dance moves and body slamming that could make his injury worse. The Patriots told him to knock it off and he seems to have taken that advice to heart. It would be a shame if this stupid broken arm was the beginning to the end of this nearly 24-year-old. I refuse to believe this will be career-ending, but if history is any indication, I'll be surprised if this kid ever plays a full season. For a big, tough guy, he's pretty fragile.

Imagine if Gronk turns out to be a lemon...that's some very expensive citrus.

1 comment:

  1. Is it wrong that I can picture Gronk's tight end in a lemon? You know I like my slash, but I'll leave it at that and behave ;)

    Seriously though, I hope it doesn't get worse for him. He and Brady *coughtogethercough* were money for me on my fantasy football team last season.

    ReplyDelete