Monday, April 1, 2013

Day 1: Baseball is Back!

Opening Day! I'm not sure there's a better day to start this journey—my attempt to post at least one entry about sports every day for a whole year. Yup, 365 days... 365 posts... 365 incredibly complex opinions about the sports world. I figure why not? I seem to always have lots to say about the subject.

Since baseball is #1 in my heart, it's only fitting that we start here. The Red Sox opened their 2013 season in New York against those dreaded Yankees. Although at this point, with all the injuries to key players, they're not so dreaded. And the Sox took full advantage of their depleted lineup by beating them 8-2 this afternoon. It was a satisfying drubbing. One that gave this Sox fan hope. And that's something that didn't exist in 2012. 

Today's game showed us something we haven't seen in a while. We saw a group of guys playing together. A group of guys that looked like the actually enjoyed each other. A group of guys that had chemistry. Sounds like a team to me! 

I have a warm and fuzzy feeling about this season. Don't let me down, boys!!

Baseball is back. This makes me wicked happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment