Thursday, April 4, 2013

Day 4: Bramendola - The Patriots New Power Couple

When Wes Welker left the New England Patriots for a higher altitude, I was distraught. That tough little guy held a special place in my heart. I loved his fearless attitude and the way he cut across the middle of the field with reckless abandon. I loved that he could get flattened by a linebacker twice his weight and spring back to his feet like I just tackled him. Others have tried to mimic his style, only to end up on the injury report the following week.

But now... He's gone... oh I, oh I, oh I, I'd better learn how to face it... He's gone...

His replacement, Danny Amendola, was a mystery to me. I've heard his name here and there but I knew very little about him. Of course, I had to do some research. I found out he's taller than Wes by two inches so he's basically yet another vertically challenged target for Tom Brady. He's younger than Wes by four years. So barring any horrific injuries, he should be around a little longer. And the interwebs tells me he's faster than Wes. His 40-yard-dash time is a whopping .07 seconds lower.

But can he catch a Tom Brady bullet that'll leave a dent in your shoulder pads? Looks like they've already started working on just that. The pair were spotted at USC earlier this week trying to cultivate that same QB to slot receiver magic.

Not that I'm not still pissed that Wes is gone, but I'm excited to see what Amendola brings to the table. And if he can keep up. Oh, and he's pretty easy on the eyes too.

No comments:

Post a Comment