Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Day 9: Congratulations, Louisville! Now Let's Get Back to Regularly Scheduled Programming...

If there's one sport I really don't enjoy, it's basketball—so this is probably the only post you'll see about the big orange ball. Watching a NBA game might be more torture for me than, well, actual torture. I do, however, enjoy the NCAA tournament. March Madness keeps me sane occupied while anxiously awaiting the Opening Day of baseball season. I found out this year, the tournament is much more fun if you've filled out your brackets. I totally forgot to do that this year...

Let's clarify what I actually mean by "enjoy" when I talk about NCAA basketball... it's turning on a game to find there are three minutes left in the game and the score is veeerrry close. If I come across a game still in its early stages, I turn it off. Weird, I know. If my brackets have completely crapped out, I will always root for the underdog. [Go Shockers!] A #1 seed winning the whole thing... boooooo-ring! Sorry, Mr. Pitino.

So now it's over and Louisville won. You kinda had to know they would win, especially with that gruesome injury to Kevin Ware. It was meant to be. Ask Wichita State... Was I the only one who got a little nervous seeing the replay of Ware cutting down the net? Yeah, send the guy with one good leg up the ladder with scissors. Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Can we just get on with our regularly scheduled programs now? I'm having Blue Bloods withdrawal.

No comments:

Post a Comment