Friday, April 19, 2013

Day 19: Boston Breathes a Sigh of Relief

Like most of New England and the country, I've been riveted to the news coverage since early this morning. I awoke to the reports of one Boston Marathon bombing suspect having been killed overnight and the second suspect on the lam. Although I live over 100 miles away, my guts clenched with every "this just in" I heard over the course of the day.

This one lowlife scrap of pond scum escaped police custody in the wee hours of this morning and led the city of Boston's authorities on a man hunt of epic proportions. This one 19-year-old douche bag who was worse than a dirty piece of chewed gum stuck to the bottom of my shoe, shut down the entire city of Boston for a whole day. This child-murdering pile of steaming rat shit forced an entire population to stay locked inside on a beautiful spring day and forced the Red Sox and Bruins to postpone games.

If you haven't seen the pictures of an eerily deserted Boston, click here. One of the creepiest things I've seen in a long time. And here you can see the views from inside and what Bostonians saw all day.

But now... that evil terrorist is in police custody and miraculously still alive. The authorities found him after someone saw some suspicious movement in a trailered boat. He was surrounded and taken after a couple hours and a few rounds of shots fired. Congratulations to the Boston Police Department and all the many other law enforcement agents that helped to get this dirty bastid.

I'm sure there are a lot of big, relieved sighs in Beantown. A lot of stomachs unclenching. A lot of stir crazy people taking to the streets to try and enjoy the last hours of the warm, spring weather. And I'm sure I'm not the only one happy to see this gunfire-riddled day end and peace restored for my friends to the south. Sleep well, Boston.

[I know this technically isn't a sports post, although I did mention the Sox and the Bruins, but I just thought it would be disrespectful to pretend like none of this ever happened.]

No comments:

Post a Comment