If it wasn't for my dad...
• I never would've been able to match the baseball team with its city when I was still in single digits.
• I never would've been able to shag a fly ball... field a grounder... or hit a softball.
• I never would've been able to keep up with the boys in a pick-up football game in the park.
• I never would've been able to discuss first downs, touchdowns and smack downs without sounding too much like a girl.
• I never would've been able to talk about wall-ball doubles, Pesky-pole homers and a Green Monster without sounding like a lunatic.
• I never would've known who Steve Grogan, Tony Eason, Drew Bledsoe or Tom Brady were. (Ok, maybe Tom Brady!)
• I never would've loved Yaz, Rice, Lynn, Remy, Evans, Hobson, Fisk, Burleson or Fenway Park.
• I never would've experienced the bad, then good, then bad again Patriots' Super Bowl roller coaster ride.
• I never would've sat alone in my bed and cried in 2004 following the first World Series victory in 86 years.
• I never would've been ridiculously superstitious and think that my actions actually had an effect on the outcome of a game.
• I never would've passionately hated the Yankees and Bucky Dent and Aaron Boone.
• I never would've taken every win and loss personally.
• I never would've learned that you don't talk about the no hitter while the no hitter is in progress.
Not sure if I should thank you or smack you... Happy Birthday, Dad!!