Friday, April 12, 2013

Day 12: Happy Birthday, Dad!

You're probably wondering what my dad has to do with sports? Well probably just about everything for this fan. He taught me everything I know about baseball and football, and instilled in me a love for both games that has never waned.


If it wasn't for my dad... 
• I never would've been able to match the baseball team with its city when I was still in single digits. 
• I never would've been able to shag a fly ball... field a grounder... or hit a softball. 
• I never would've been able to keep up with the boys in a pick-up football game in the park. 


• I never would've been able to discuss first downs, touchdowns and smack downs without sounding too much like a girl.

• I never would've been able to talk about wall-ball doubles, Pesky-pole homers and a Green Monster without sounding like a lunatic.

• I never would've known who Steve Grogan, Tony Eason, Drew Bledsoe or Tom Brady were. (Ok, maybe Tom Brady!)

• I never would've loved Yaz, Rice, Lynn, Remy, Evans, Hobson, Fisk, Burleson or Fenway Park.

• I never would've experienced the bad, then good, then bad again Patriots' Super Bowl roller coaster ride.

• I never would've sat alone in my bed and cried in 2004 following the first World Series victory in 86 years.

• I never would've been ridiculously superstitious and think that my actions actually had an effect on the outcome of a game.

• I never would've passionately hated the Yankees and Bucky Dent and Aaron Boone.

• I never would've taken every win and loss personally.

• I never would've learned that you don't talk about the no hitter while the no hitter is in progress.


Not sure if I should thank you or smack you... Happy Birthday, Dad!!

Love,
Stac-the-Ace
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I love this Stacy. Such a wonderful birthday gift to your Dad. Love you both, cuz.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete