Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Day 2: Jaromir Jagr Traded to Bruins

I feel like the Bruins getting Jaromir Jagr should be something to get excited about, right? Then I remembered it's 2013, not 1995. Why 1995, you ask? Jagr scored 62 goals in 1995. In his last two seasons, he has scored just a tad more than half that total. Plus he's almost my age at 41. I'm old, therefore he is old.

There are probably a lot of reasons the Bruins took the deal. They gave up practically nothing to get the NHL's all time European-born scorer. They lost out on the Jarome Iginla deal that was almost a sure thing. And guess what? (she asks, channeling her inner Dennis Rodman) Jagr actually has more points this season than Iginla. Huh? Looks like they got the better of the two wing-men — even if Jagr is old. 

In his first year in the NHL, I was still in college and not yet old enough to drink. Well, legally.

Good luck and welcome to Boston, Jaromir. (And my apologies for not getting the fancy accents in your name. If you know how to make that happen in Blogger, let me know.)

No comments:

Post a Comment